Saturday, August 23, 2008

So There I Was...

ANTI-SILENCE SOLUTION: Tomb Raider; Graeme Revell
JAVA PRESCRIPTION: Caramel Crème Drizzle w/chocolate
MOON PHASE: Waning Gibbous

So there I was…in a lair designed to be beautiful, but I saw through its deceiving guise. I knew it was a dangerous place. Perilous, even. Here, there was tiramisu. It sounds like the name of an exotic dragon, or a terrible storm, but this is a much sneakier villain and I had to be wary. I’d been called to a rendezvous, and I expected code-words to be necessary…then they were spoken: “Table for five, with a high chair.”

Yup. My day was spent with writer cohorts at a secret locale known only as the Olive Garden. It’s a wonderful thing to spend time in the company of people who don’t look at me like I’m an idiot who should be on med’s when I say things like, “And then all the characters in my head started arguing with me about how they wanted the plot to be this instead and proceeded to point out why my initial idea sucked.” Ahhhh…to be at ease with creative folks. Ladies, I am grateful for the company and the celebratory mood and the gift--I'm flattered Michelle, really.

In the end, I’d learned much and gained new friends, but I was weakened...first by the ravioli, then by the cute baby. By the time it was all drawing to a close the tiramisu got me.

Can't wait until the next time, to relax in the company such fine like-minds.

3 comments:

MRasey said...

It was lovely to see you. The tiramisu was worth it though, no?

M

Wolfsbane and Absinthe said...

Absolutely!!!! And again, the truffles are sooo good! Thank you!

LBickle said...

Yes, we absolutely must do it again, and soon! It's always good to spend time with the tribe...