Thursday, September 18, 2008

MY IDIOSYNCRASY


ANTI-SILENCE SOLUTION: Twister/Mark Mancina
JAVA PRESCRIPTION: Custom Blend w/ chocolate mint
MOON PHASE: Waning
TAROT of the DAY: QUEEN of PENTACLES
She is nurturing, down-to-earth, trustworthy and resourceful.

Or should I say psychosis, or neurosis?

Today I am forcing myself to push onward with a work-in-progress (WIP). I have been struggling with a hurdle scene and I discovered that if I play a game with myself it’s easier. That’s how psycho I really am; I can play a game with my brain as if the idea didn’t really form there, and as if my brain doesn’t really know what I’m doing…but somehow it freaking works. Because I, like the Queen of Pentacles, am resourceful. When something isn't working, I'll adapt, I can back up and change my approach if I need to. (Recognizing that I need to is another matter, that isn't always so clear...)

I was non committal about writing the scene. It wasn’t there. I was struggling. So, I opened a fresh clean new document. No looming word count already there. No greatness to match. (HA!) No nothing. I was just going to type it out, what tidbits I had, and at least put them down, even if jumbled and incoherent…because this wasn’t really the scene anyway. Not the REAL file. It was just a blank slate and I could delete it and no one would be the wiser.

But the scene got written. And, rough, today it gets a spit shine. Ah, progress. Some of the steps are harder to take for whatever reason. Just take it. Keep going. It’s in stopping that the problem lies.

No comments: