Saturday, September 13, 2008

YOUTH, REVISITED

ANTI-SILENCE SOLUTION: Return of the King/Howard Shore
JAVA PRESCRIPTION: Caramel Drizzle w/chocolate
MOON PHASE: Waxing Gibbous


My old band, back when I was just a young-un in the late 80's, was called CORSAIR. (See, I was into pirates LONG before pirates were cool...) We had a grand time…teenagers with keys to the bar—we had a practice room there, where we kept our band equipment. We did not abuse our privilege. Okay, well once…maybe. Anyway, we could jam as loud and as often as we wanted. No parents screaming to quiet down. It was fantastic.

So my old drummer calls and says the old bar (now torn down for some city building) is having a reunion at a rented hall. We, along with many other rockers of the time, are going back to play. We’ll do a 5-8 song set, nothing big. I’m sooooo freaking excited! There’s nothing like being on stage, rockin’ my guitar. About 8 weeks to prepare and get the old fingers zippin’ over the fretboard. I can’t wait!!!

No comments: