Sunday, November 16, 2008

PARTY HOUSE REUNION!


*For anyone visiting here because of the Party House Reunion…you MUST go and read the first entry of this blog first. It is a rule; it must be obeyed. Go ahead. I’ll wait here.
** Really, go read the first entry. It will explain the headers here, and actually, the first few posts are pretty funny. I talk about smut. You’ll like it. Go read.

ANTI-SILENCE SOLUTION: The Black Halo/Kamelot
JAVA PRESCRIPTION: The SEDITIOUS (see 11.06.08)
MOON PHASE: Waning Gibbous
TAROT of the DAY: EMPEROR. Today is a day of movement. There can be changes in your daily work/career or in your communication with your father/authority figures. Be a pioneer or visionary to finish this day with success. Move all that you have longed wanted to set in motion.

After the gig … I rolled in about midnight, two tired people in tow. I’m very happy and excited about the whole thing. There were WAY more people than I expected to be there. I guess I was thinking it would be like the old days at the bar…kind of quiet and slow until 9 pm-ish. But no, it was packed when I arrived at 5:30. (I was able to obtain rock-n-roll parking due to someone leaving to get dinner elsewhere….)

Saw many folks I hadn’t seen in years; it was good. I probably saw people I should have known but didn’t recognize. I know I walked right past people I was looking for, so I guess there will be no future in the spy-world for me.

I’ll post pictures here sometime…maybe later today when I’ve had a chance to see some of them. I’ll add them to the end of this post, which I intend to let stand for a few days so anyone passing through sees the * and ** above.

IF you’ve duly read the first post, and this one, ad if you are looking to email me, I’m at lindarobertson01@yahoo. IF you haven’t checked out the guitars, that’s http://www.strictly7.com/. I did the website, be proud of me. ***and just so you know, that awesome Venom 7-string guitar I was supposed to play….damn it…had been tuned to 440 to practice with the cds here at the house. I had not taken it to practice as it was being built…so when we get to the gig, me being the 20-years no-playing-on-stage novice again, I didn’t realize it would be so hard get the thing to hold a tuning to 430, at which we play live. My bad. Not having the 7th string messed me up in the way most guitarist say having it messes them up. I’m used to that upper string being there, and I played the wrong string a few times (a measure here or there) because I place my fingers wrong forgetting I was substituting Ronnie’s guitar. Sigh. That’s my only down-side to the evening…but then I haven’t seen the pictures of me yet. I’m sure I’ll be making faces at those when I see them. Check back. I’ll share. WAIT! Go to www.myspace.com/drellex and view the picture album for playing guitar. As I get pics from others who were at the gig, I will put more pics in there (so it's not just ME, ME, ME.)


No comments: