Tuesday, December 9, 2008

BIG NEWS!


ANTI-SILENCE SOLUTION:
Sympathy for the Devil, Rolling Stones
I’m in a groovy mood, what can I say?
JAVA PRESCRIPTION:
Seditious, as usual.
LAST NIGHT’S BLISS POSITION:
OMG!! Standy-Uppy!
MOON PHASE: Waxing Gibbous. Full 12/12
TAROT of the DAY: MAGICIAN When the Magician appears, it points to the talents, capabilities and resources at the querent’s disposal. The message is to tap into one’s full potential rather than holding back, especially when there is a need to transform something. There are choices and directions to take. Guidance can arrive through one’s own intuition or in the form of someone who brings about change or transformation.

I’m telling you, that is just CREEPY! I love how the tarot can be soooo right on! That’s exactly what my BIG NEWS is about. See, I’m not only the author of Vicious Circle, due from Juno Books in 2009. I’m not only the webmistress of www.strictly7.com (where my honey sells fabulous seven string guitars and employs the marketing that sometimes springs from my mind…) (oooo since we’re already off on a tangent here…checkout the WHY 7 STRINGS page, and see at the top right a girl with an apple and a snake wrapped around a v-guitar? You see, I had this idea… One of my characters says “If Eve had been a little more gutsy, they’d have had snake for dinner instead of apples.” That led to a decision…if you’re going to be tempted between two evils…the apple or the bad-ass guitar…which one? I did not take the photos of the girl or the snake, but I put them together using my artistic skill and a computer program and I think it looks awesome.)

Anyway…the point? I’m also a guitar player. And it seems that I might be back in a band! YAY! Now, I don’t want to give details, as it’s not all set and such, but we’ll be doing classic rock (no crazy hair-metal, no finger-blistering arpeggios) just shake-your-ass groovy rock-n-roll. I’m hyped. It’ll be covers AND originals…may throw in some keyboard stuff here and there if need be. Sounds like a great group of people are getting together to do their thing and I can’t wait to be a part of it. *As this progresses and the hope of gigs becomes a reality, I will post such dates here. Look for it in February or March. These things take time…

So, as the card points to ‘talents, capabilities and resources,’ I WILL tap into mine—around writing/editing duties of course.

What is YOUR favorite classic rock song? And while you’re at it, since ‘classic rock’ means different things to different folks, tell me your definition!
I promise to post something witty and humorous and (very likely) smutty soon!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

classic rock, is what my dad listnes to, my fav..well between slow ride by foghat or black sabbath...anything