Thursday, February 19, 2009

WISHES CAN COME TRUE

ANTI-SILENCE SOLUTION:
Conan the Barbarian/Basil Poledoris
JAVA PRESCRIPTION:
Tanzanian Peaberry w/
chocolate and peppermint syrups
MOON PHASE:
Waning Cresent...
only a few days til New Moon.
TAROT of the DAY:
NINE of CUPS the WISH CARD
Again, I pull the Wish Card in a random draw. Can I tell you how happy I am? I'm REALLY happy. This card came up on Oct. 13th and I scanned back, thinking it was in there again somewhere...but alas, I don't find it. Regardless, this is a great card, it speaks of wish fulfillment, and of happiness in general.
My books are being published and I'm sitting here with a cup of the best coffee ever. Of course I'm happy. And yeah...for me, happiness can be as simple as a good cup of java. Not to slight the massive glee that any wannabe author experiences during the publishing process. However, I have blogged about my books, and will remark on updates...but first let me tell you about this coffee.
Tanzanian Peaberry (we call it Tasmanian Devil-berry around here because that is much more fun to say) is my ultimate favorite coffee. I get it at Crown Tower in Mansfield Ohio. Go there. Buy a pound or two. You'll be sooo glad you did. (No this is not a paid endorsement of any kind. However, if the kind folks at Crown Tower ever read this...)
I'm also thinking about going to a few conventions, and wondering which ones I should try to attend. There are soooo many cool author's out there I want to meet. Most have blogs I read, and they sound so funny.
I am hoping soon to be able to post the image of the book cover here, on FFF, and get some standard promo stuff like bookmarks.
If anyone out there has any suggestions on conventions, promo items, etc., I'd be delighted to read your opinions! Do tell!

2 comments:

Motherhood for the Weak said...

Hey Oct 13 is the babeola's bday!

When is your book due out? I lost track of the release date.

Cheers
M

Wolfsbane and Absinthe said...

I've been repeatedly told July, though--technically--if you go to the Simon and Schuster site and type in my name (SQUEE! I had to!) it shows June 30.

How cool is it that the babeola's b-day is the same as the day I also drew that card. She's your dream come true, huh? Such a cutie! I read your blog about the book and her fascination with the song head. shoulders, knees and toes. How adorable! I used to 'fingers, toes, tummy, nose' to the boys, tickling them during the tummy part, of course.

Thanks for stopping by! (waving merrily)