Monday, August 17, 2009

The Tower + STORY PROMPT

Recently, I posted on the Six of Cups. I said it was nostalgic, that sixes are about balance, and blah, blah blah. You should go re-read it because I am going to contrast it with today's card, the TOWER for a cool story prompt. I love doing this, and I thought it might be nice to share.

The Six of Cups "refers explicitly to the past, and of memories and good times experienced there." (I'm quoting the post because you likely didn't go and re-read it.)

Now, take todays card The Tower...





The handbook for the Mythic Tarot says, "...the Tower will fall anyway, whether we are willing or unwilling, not because some malicious external fate decrees it, but because something within the individual has reached boiling point and can no longer live within such confines."

The Six of Cups expresses a positive turn toward the goal... can that turn BE the falling of the Tower? What kind of story would that be and what kind of character would make that story interesting adn compelling?

No comments: