Monday, January 25, 2010

What do Witch Doctors, Elvis, and the Amish have in common?

What do Witch Doctors, Elvis, and the Amish have in common?

Sounds like a joke, yes?

Before I reveal the answer to the question...an update. I have the one picture from the official HALLOWED CIRCLE release party. Here it is:



Logan and I had Subway. A party, indeed.

NOW...what Witch Doctors, Elvis, and the Amish have in common is this: my weekend.

Yup. Friday night my fella Jim took me to see some friends play at Peabody's. The band is called King Bong. (you figure it out) The bandmembers all dressed up. Curran (guitar) was like a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western character, Fuckin Johnny (vocals, and yes that is his name) was a Witch Doctor. The other guys, forgive me, but I didn't catch their names. They were dressed as Elvis with the white jumpsuit and a thong over top of it, as a Jedi, and the drummer was Santa--as prove to what the jolly old elf does off-season. Here's a pic:



They were goofy on stage, totally having a blast and you could tell. The crowd was into it. Talented musicians, all. :-)

Then, on Saturday, I visited my mom (family was in from out of town) and we went poked around Amish Country a while and had lunch. (YUM!)

I didn't get any writing done, but hey, it was a nice break. And such a bizarre combination that I had to share.

No comments: