Tuesday, May 4, 2010

RT 2010

Going to writing conventions is always a treat, but the conventions with costuming/dress up opportunities are, for me, the most fun. Here's some pictures.


Left to right this is: Melissa Long of WICKED JUNGLE (check out http://www.wickedjungle.com/), Faith Van Horne (her short story "Revenge Cookies" is listed under the "Rants" tab at Poor Mojo's Almanac(k), www.poormojo. org also she blogs at "Scribatious" http://faithvanhorne.blogspot.com/), me, and fellow Pocket/Juno author Carole Nelson Douglas (http://carolenelsondouglas.com/)


Left to right here is Melissa, me, Shannon, Costie, Beth, and Steve. These folks went to the trouble of making concert tee-shirts for the fictious band that my main character's boyfriend plays in. The back lists the 'tour' dates, and instead of cities they used the book titles and release dates. Of course their tour was sponsored by Strictly 7 Guitars. My fella was in on the whole thing, giving them images to use for the tee's and he kept it secret from me so I'd be surprised.

Here's a closer pic of their shirts:

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I wish I could have gone to RT!! But Oz is a bit far. Maybe next year!

-Kelly Meding said...

Those t-shirts are awesome! What a wonderful surprise for you! :)

Beth said...

You are sooooo welcome for the shirt! (I also mailed you the other pix, sorry so late!) Rock on to the man for keeping a secret! Thanks so much to him! It was really awesome to meet up and hang out with you at RT!

Faith Van Horne said...

Wow, I had no idea the top part of that dress was see-through. Eep!