Friday, June 11, 2010

Another con weekend...

Laura Bickle (fellow Juno author who's got two names and two releases...Embers as herself, and Dark Oracle as Alayna Williams) and I went to another convention. Lori Foster's Readers and Author Get Together.

A small con, very romance oriented, they had a ton of fun baskets to raffle off, and the money raised was given to a kid's charity. It's mostly a Friday evening and Saturday kind of con, and most folks seemed to have left before the pirate party on Saturday night. We dressed up and went, but ended up leaving and heading to the Dingle House for some dinner. (No we didn't go in costume.) The Irish pub, we'd discovered, has kilted waiters. Alas, many picture on my camera are blurry so here's one from their site:



Sorry, no kilted pics on their site...











Here's me in my BIG pirate shirt as "The Dread Pirate Robertson" saying...
"This is all ye got, me heartie? You mean the rum's gone?"



Here's Laura Bickle releasing the "quaken."




We had fun, enjoyed the pub food(I discovered a new favorite beer: Old Rasputin's Russian Imperial Stout)and we sampled the Skyline Chili fare because, well, it was Cincinntati. We also hit Jungle Jims an amazing 5-acre grocery with specialty foods from around the world (and a selection of specialty beers that is unmatched!!)

3 comments:

Faith Van Horne said...

I am in awe of the Quaken.

Tez Miller said...

Damn it, where's Liam Neeson when you need him... ;-)

Awesome hat! :-)

BookRants said...

Just thought I'd shout out, I just finished Vicious Circle, excellent! Can't wait to read the next one