Saturday, July 10, 2010

EVIL, make up some of your own today...


I'm not one to share recipes, really, but I have discovered the recipe for EVIL and it bears sharing. It has many names I am sure, but I am hereby dubbing it EVIL, because that's what it is. You'll read this and think, "No way," but I swear it is deceptive. If you try to touch mine I swear to you I will get out one of the swords and an axe...but if you want to make some for yourself all you have to do is this:

Set your oven to 400 degrees. EVIL likes the heat. Take out the 10x13 (or thereabouts) pan from your kitchen--NOT a cookie sheet. (Recommend sturdy pan, NOT foil.) This has to have at least short sides.

Grease the bottom and sides lightly. (Also ok to line pan with foil and spray the foil lightly with non-stick coating. Because, EVIL needs to be convenient to the way YOU like to roll.)

Line the pan with saltine crackers. Yes. Regular, ordinary crackers. (I said it was deceptive.)

Get out a small saucepan, melt 2 sticks of butter with 3/4 cup of brown sugar. Boil that mix for 3 minutes.

Spoon mixture(or carefully pour it) onto the crackers making sure to coat them all.

Bake for 5 minutes, remove carefully and scatter some almond slices (1/2 cup or more if you like)on top, then cover with chocolate chips (2cups; minis works best but regular chips are fine. Chocolate can be sinister in any size).

Wait a few minutes for the chips to melt, use a spatula to spread it around and let cool. (If you have space in the freezer, this cools it FAST.)

Cut 'em, break 'em...whatever, just eat 'em. And discover the EVIL part. You can't leave 'em alone. So deliciously rich...so freaking simple.

If anyone needs me next week, I'll be on the bike, the treadmill, or walking the dogs over and over to get rid of what EVIL has done to me.

3 comments:

sadieloree said...

Love this stuff. Though I use pecans instead since I dislike almonds. Thanks for sharing! :)

Missy S said...

OMG... Oh how I wish I had not seen that... thankfully I don't have saltine crackers in the house. But oooooooooh my...

For a simple cake topping, make your cake (you know, that boxed mix we all love), pull it out of the oven, cover the top with the 1 pound Hershey bars (break one up to get all the cracks), let sit for 10 minutes, when it looks like it's wet, use a spatula to spread the chocolate out evenly. Let cool (this can take an hour or more). Cut into it and the cake under the chocolate has turned into gooey fudge with a soft chocolate bar on top and moist chocolate cake on the bottom... and oh now I want to go cook that. *facepalm*

Wolfsbane and Absinthe said...

Hey...I made brownies for our cookout today. Then I made up a little of this stuff in buckeyes, it's peanut butter and confectioners sugar and butter. I spread it on top of the brownies after they cooled. Then I melted chocolate on top of that and stuck it in the fridge so it would set up again. YUMMMM!!!